Michelle Here. Max and Stefan are napping, so you get me again. Sorry, no pics (Stefan has now posted Pics). Just an update on our cute little guy.
First….the question was asked to me, how old is Max? Good question, and I realized I really haven’t stated that. He will be 2 years old in May. We are so happy that we’ll get to celebrate his birthday with him. Even happier, is Michael. He already put in a request for a train cake. With ice cream. And a cherry.
Max’s transition continues to be excellent. He is still transitioning to us, but he’s adjusting amazingly well.
So….some of Max’s favorite things to do, since I posted yesterday:
1. Run! I really don’t think he’s going to miss a step in following Alex and Michael around. His favorite so far is to run laps in the hotel hallway. He’ll run ahead of us, stop, look back, and giggle. Repeat this loop countless times. It’s cute to watch. It’s good exercise for us too.
2. Water! He took a bath yesterday, and had a great ‘ol time splashing around. He was a little apprehensive at first to get into the big bathtub of water. But once he figured out he could play with the water, there was no looking back. The bathroom floor, walls, and toilet got a good washing too. But that was good, because they needed it.
3. He didn’t like the stroller so much, because he was anxious about not being able to see us. So we put him in the Er go carrier, and he really liked hanging out on Stefan’s back. We weren’t sure if he would like it, because it was probably the first time he’s been worn like that. But he liked the closeness, and the security that he wasn’t going to get left behind anywhere.
4. He loves steamed buns. We have to find a source in Madison. Also noodles. And goldfish crackers.
5. He is chattering up a storm. As in, all the time. He doesn’t do anything without being vocal about it. We think it’s still babbling, but who knows, maybe he’s speaking a combo of babble and Chinese to us. He’s caught on to a few English words. This morning, he was yelling at us in babble. Like he was barking out an order for us to come here. It was very cute.
6. He’s secure enough in his attachment, that he’s mischevious. I’m really not complaining, because that’s a really good sign. But he gets this twinkle in his eye, with the cutest smile when he’s doing something he knows he’s not supposed to, and then we re-direct him into something he can do.
7. He still prefers Stefan for comfort. I get to feed him, and be fun mommy. We’ve made a lot of progress in the last 24 hours.
8. We love him to pieces! He has such a bright personality, that Stefan and I are in total love with him.